I've never worked with this material before! It wasn't as hard to sew as I thought, but it was SOOOO hard to cut! This stuff is crazy slippy. Very hard to make sure everything is lined up.
I learned a new technique while making this dress. I knew I didn't want any stitches to show up on my bottom hem, and I also wanted it to drape properly. I got out my "blind hem foot" for my Janome, and I made a blind stitch!
So there is no line or indendation running across the bottom. The backside of it looks like this:
The top of the dress is done with a casing showing a little bow on the shoulder. So it's fairly adjustable. All in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I might try satin again sometime.