Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mega Man Quilted Pillow

I wanted to show some in progress pictures of the pillow I made my boyfriend, Alex, for Christmas.

I put in around 25 hours work on it, and it all started from a little graphic the size of my pinkie nail. I blew it up in Photoshop, marked out a grid, broke the colours down into a guide, bought matching fabric, and cut enough squares to put him together pixel by pixel. I then quilted the top, made the back, stuffed&sewed it up and excitedly wrapped it in a ginormous box!

Finished Image:


Cut Squares:


Planning:


Putting together one row at a time:


Sewing them together:


Slowly putting together the completed rows:


Finished image before quilting:


Alex luvin it!

4 comments:

  1. He looks like he loves it! That came together great! Aren't you amazed by how much it shrank once you sewed the squares all together? This is basically the same way I made my Marilyn quilt.

    Happy crafting!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the one who made the Marilyn quilt?! I love that quilt!!! I've wanted to make a black and white photo quilt, but wall sized after I made this. I have a lot of ideas for how to speed up the process, but I can't decide on what portrait to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. And I'm sure you already know- but you have the most wonderful pictures on your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete