Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January Birthday Swap

I joined the January birthday swap!

My send date is tomorrow. I left it as long as I could before I was too excited and had to post pictures! This is what I'm sending to Javastain, in addition to three prints of my photography. Javastain, if you're snooping, thats okay. Just tell me you've seen them and I'll post it on craftster. ;o)


This is what I dub a Bloomin' Yarn Bag!

She wanted a bag that she could keep her progressing yarn-y projects. I've got a bit of experience with drawstring bags, so I was excited to go at my fabric without a pattern and just chop and sew!

The beauty of this bag is that you can literally have it beside you with all your yarn inside, and the working yarn comes out through the centre of the flower! No more cats chasing old school balls of yarn! Tuck it away and pull it through the centre. Neat huh? I might just make another for myself.

I used a gromet to make the edges smooth, and I stuffed each petal with polyester fill. Around the gromet I hand stitched in some teal beads to be the seeds. The stem is ribbon, which is matched to the drawstring. Note all my careful detailled stitching! ;o) I have a tendency to race through edges, but I'm so proud that I went nice and slow making sure my two rows of straight stitch touched exactly along the points of my zig-zag on the sides. It wasn't a preset stitch, I did three rows per side. Let me just go on and gloat about its neatness a little more.... *gloat gloat gloat*

Kay I'm good! Picture time! :o)









1 comment: