Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thrifty Find - Little Teapot

I have to admit, I feel like Goodwill can be like a yardsale sometimes. Not always, but every once in a while, there is an item that strikes the eye as something of a treasure. In a recent trip, I was lucky enough to have found two! You'll see the other once I'm finished refurbishing it, as it took a bit of elbow grease to make it look pretty. However this item needed no care other than a good scrub-down. It's this uniquely fun, yet sort of odd little teapot!

Photobucket

I can't believe it, it's shaped like a sewing machine!! Holy cow right? Not normally my style of decor, but It's made for me, I'm sure of it. I thought of giving it away as an extra for a swap sometime, but I'm being greedy and keeping it. Anyone who is a true blue stitcher would find this to be pretty neat. If you're not then you probably think I'm silly for liking it so much, since it's not entirely glamorous. I'm just going to use it as an ornament, though it is fully functional. The sewing machine comes off the table! *squeels* How neat!

1 comment:

  1. i found a teapot that looks like a stucco house (latin american or southwest USA style). it's great! and so is yours.

    ReplyDelete